The Spring 2013 Texas Landscape Safari will be held April 21 – 24, 2013 in Canyon, Texas deep in the heart of the panhandle! That’s right folks, the TLS will be moving from the Hill Country to the Texas High Plains & Canyons this year.
This not your usual photography workshop or tour. It’s more like a bunch of friends getting together to share their love of landscape photography and help each other grow as serious photographers. It’s a chance to visit and photograph some of the most beautiful spots in the Texas panhandle and to learn some techniques to enhance your landscape photography behind the camera and in the digital darkroom.
South Prong Canyon in Caprock Canyons State Park
Our Base Camp will be in Canyon, Texas and we will be shooting at both Palo Duro Canyon State Park and Caprock Canyons State Park as well as other key locations during the three day workshop. Many of the panhandle locations are “drive up and shoot” opportunities and there are literally thousands of great spots within 90 miles of our base camp!
Click on the image above to see our Google map for the TLS
What You’ll Learn
- Some of the best landscape photography locations in the Texas Panhandle.
- Basic landscape techniques for your DSLR, lenses & tripod.
- How to compose your landscape shots for maximum impact!
- How to correctly use a circular polarizer filter.
- How to correctly use a graduated neutral density filter.
- How to create special effects with a neutral density filters.
- Basic post-capture processing techniques in Adobe Lightroom.
- How to correctly prep your images for printing.
- Where to have your images printed and why!
Registration Opens Now!
Just drop me an email via this blog with your name, mailing address and email address and I’ll add you to the mailing list. Our class size is limited to the first fifteen people, so don’t wait too long!