I received a wonderful email a few days ago from a reader asking where were my favorite locations in Texas for landscape and nature photography. Since I’m right in the middle of planning a Texas Hill Country Photo Safari for the fall, I thought I’d use Google Maps to give you an idea where I’ve taken some of the shots you’ve seen on this blog.
Texas boasts some of the most beautiful and well maintained state parks in the country and I’ve spent many happy hours wandering them with my camera in hand. Some of my favorites are:
- Monument Hill State Historical Site – La Grange, Texas
- Buescher State Park – Smithville, Texas
- Bastrop State Park – Bastrop, Texas
- McKinney Falls State Park – Austin, Texas
- Pedernales Falls State Park – Johnson City, Texas
- Longhorn Cavern State Park – Burnet, Texas
- Inks Lake State Park – Burnet, Texas
- Colorado Bend State Park – Bend, Texas
These are some of the locations I’ll be scouting the week of June 14th and most will be included in the Texas Hill Country Photo Safari planned for this fall. If you’re a landscape or nature photographer located here in Texas and would like to join us for this scouting trip or for the safari in the fall, just drop me an email!